Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Quest for Employment....

October is here already! It is time for dark mornings and even darker evenings...!

I have started back at uni now and so far this year looks like it is going to be a good one! All the modules look very interesting and I can't wait to get cracking on the reading!

The graduate job search has started as well... There are a lot of Graduate Schemes that have a closing date of the end of October/November! It is so scary to think how quickly we have had to start applying/searching since returning to Sheffield! I spent last weekend getting my CV fully up to date and ready for potential employers - along with signing up to several job sites!

And this has got me thinking...How far can social media be used in recruitment? I know that without a doubt LinkedIn is brilliant when it comes to looking for jobs/recruiters/interview prep. I have also been tweeting about my job search and this has led to recruitment agencies following me and consequently I have then had a search on their websites! When it comes to my job hunt I am potentially being a bit cheeky in asking about jobs (if you don't ask, you will never know!) - tweeting about vacancies isn't a cop out, I am just aiming to reach out to employers through their social channels and be a bit different to the other thousands of graduates!

Anyway, for now I am going to continue to apply for jobs online, keep my eyes peeled for all things marketing....

....BUT if you have read this and are thinking "Hey she sounds interesting, I wish I knew more about her..." then please feel free to take a look at my LinkedIn profile here 

:)

Ciao from a drizzly Sheffield x

No comments:

Post a Comment